Read about plastic pollution, where it comes from, where it goes, and what we can do. In the middle of a pandemic and human rights movement, it’s hard to think about anything else, however, we must keep learning and moving forward. This article compiles a lot of information succinctly.
Life in plastic, not fantastic
- Microplastics are pieces of plastic less than 5 millimeters long.
- Nanoplastics are even smaller at less than 100 nanometers in length.
- People can ingest and inhale these plastic particles from food, water and air.
- Researchers are studying whether the plastic pieces and toxicants on them can harm your health.
- To help the problem, think about buying less single-use plastic and supporting sustainable businesses.